This post will be out of order, but it's had me chuckling for the past day, so I've got to get it on here.
Yesterday (July 9th), I got back on track with summer jobs. We'd fallen off the bandwagon with the extra work that was involved in getting the Nico Fundraiser organized (and the subsequent exhaustion and catching up on our home life in the weeks after) and the extra time spent with family over the July 4th holiday (the Webbs are home from Singapore!!!!!). We'd done jobs a couple of days here and there, but yesterday we hit them hard again. Well, one of Chloe's jobs was to start a load of laundry and then to fold and put away another one. She was working on the folding part and was dang mad about the whole thing. Later in the day, I found this on the TV stand:
HAHA!!!!
I bet you can guess what one of her jobs was today?? :)
Today went better and it's so satisfying to see us working hard as a family. Each kid has a list of jobs (which include things like piano practice, getting ready, cleaning their rooms, bathroom cleaning, vacuuming, window washing, sweeping, garbage emptying, reading, etc.) that takes a good 2-3 hours to complete. I still have to supervise and be a task master, but wow, our home looks so great each day when it's finished! And I do get to see moments where they have a huge grin on their face and say things like, "It's the craziest thing -- I actually feel happy when I do my chores!!!" There is the whining, too....OH, the whining....but to have those moments of feeling the spirit when we're working hard is absolutely priceless.

8 comments:
That is awesome! Since you have your daughter doing laundry from start to finish I am wondering if I challenge my kids with their chores enough....
Hey Julie! Just catching up on all your blog posts! We miss you guys and love ya! Glad to see this post...tomorrow morning we are supposed to get back on the bandwagon and I will let my kids read this first thing in the morning so they know they are not the only kids in the world doing chores :) Love you!
I showed this to my girls and they weren't sure just how they should respond....until I busted up. Then we all got a good chuckle. So glad she's finding constructive ways to vent her frustrations.
This made me laugh! I actually showed a friend who was having a hard day because her youngest was starting to be a brat. This made her day better. :) Thanks for sharing!
Hilarious and soooooo Chloe! Gotta love that girl and her sassy attitude! Just keep up the good work and the happy moments will far outweigh the whiny ones...maybe they already do! Love you all tons!
Hilarious!!!! I love that you shared it...I'm sure my kids feel the very same way every day about me!!
Oh, I love it! Should I admit that our chore chart is still sticking to the fridge, unlaminated and in the exact spot I put it on June 1st? Luckily I've tried to get the kids on jobs on my own, but I never knew summer would be so crazy and I'd be so disorganized. I haven't received any love notes in our dust yet, but I can feel it coming! ;)
HAHAHA Mom is stinky HAHAHA oh that is a good one :)
Post a Comment