I had a feeling that if I didn't get things going myself, we weren't going to have Christmas decorations, so while Stanton was at work on Tuesday, I went out to the shed and got our huge ladder, then went to the garage and pulled down the decorations from the hanging shelf. Let me tell you, it was no small feat. I am 5'5" on a good day and that shelf is suspended from the ceiling of the garage. It is HIGH and the boxes are heavy. And there are a lot of them. It took me a good 45 minutes or so to get them all down and then calm my heart rate. :)
Anyway, I got them inside and started decking the halls. It was all worth while. I LOVE the way the house looks when it's decorated for Christmas!
After the kids got to bed on Tuesday (or was it Monday? I can't remember), Stanton helped for an hour and got some of the garlands up, etc.
On Tuesday or Wednesday I lugged the Christmas tree box upstairs...another huge feat. I got it set up and Stanton put the lights on it.
Anderson Seed came and put Christmas lights up for us this year -- I think I'll make that a tradition, too. I don't like having Stanton up on the roof one bit.
Brigham and Cannon used one of the boxes as their Santa sleigh. So cute to see them sitting on there reading books together.
I went to tuck Brigham in and saw this adorable sight. Cute he be one bit cuter?!
Stanton has always done the "daddy hat" trick with the kids. Well, with four kids now, he had a hat, shoes, and a backpack. :)
Wednesday after piano lessons and homework, we got out the buttons, wire, and ribbons, and made some button wreaths for the tree. It was a super fun craft that even the boys could do. They had a ball and I loved making a craft that didn't involve a huge mess and cleanup.
I'm determined this year that we are going to enjoy some Christmas activities. It seemed like last year we were so busy running from gymnastics to dance to piano to homework that we didn't have time to do anything special all month (aside from Pickleville and some family things). I have purposefully kept the kids out of every lesson besides piano for this reason this school year. I want to enjoy them! It has been WONDERFUL. I feel like we've actually had time to make crafts and treats, read books, and watch Christmas movies. It has been wonderful! And it's only the beginning of the season. Love that.



3 comments:
We have also limited our activities because there's so many things I like to be able to do with the kids at home. They're only little once, and I've noticed they get cranky if I run them around town too much anyway. I think it's a great idea! And cute button wreaths!
LOVe love Love this post! And thanks for the reminder..I get so busy with finals this time of year, that the fun little things get pushed to the side...I'm gonna do better this year. :)
I've been telling people about the darling little button tree ornaments! They are just as I pictured! Love these little crafty Allen grandkids!
Post a Comment