04 December 2011

December Daily - Friday, December 2nd

Well, if every day in December is as fun as the first two, we are living it up!!!

I kept the kids home from school so they could lounge a bit after their late night at Pickleville.  I wouldn't have done that, except that we were planning to go to Salt Lake at noon, so they would only be in school for 3 hours anyway.  I felt a little sheepish about keeping them home, but it sure was nice to spend a lazy morning with them!

While they lounged around, I did one of my favorite workout videos:


We did some chores and got ready and then headed to SLC for a fun evening with Kyle and Angie and kids.  Before meeting up with them, we checked out the Brigham City office, went to Target (please come to Cache Valley -- please!), and visited another dental office in West Valley (it has a surgical suite like the one Stanton wants to put in his new Providence office).  While Stanton checked out the dental office, the kids watched a movie and then I read them some Christmas stories.  It was a long wait in the car, but they sure were good!

We met Kyle & Ang at Iggy's downtown around 5:00.  We had a great dinner and then went on a wild goose chase to find parking around temple square.  After finally finding a place to park, we went to see the lights.  Aside from Cannon wandering away from me twice, it was an absolutely perfect night.  We haven't gone down to see the lights for a couple of years and I had missed it!  It was great to have a reason to have to go -- and we will never pass up an opportunity to spend time with our best friends!

The weather was beautiful -- chilly with just a nice, light, magical snow falling.  The lights were as incredible as usual, and the company couldn't have been better.

I know these pictures are weird, but they were funny.  The one of me is what Stanton took right after I said how great the weather had been -- he thought my hat hair was amusing.  :)
The ghostly picture is a quick one I snapped on the way home -- it's Stanton and Jesse's new billboard!  I looks fantastic.

Okay, now to the real pictures....

The girls worked on a Christmas garland/banner thing earlier in the day.  Fun pictures at the temple grounds.

Angie took these next 2 and I am LOVING them.  The first is for Brigham and Sammie's wedding video.  :)


 How gorgeous is THAT???!!!

And Christmas magic in photographic form.  I love this picture of many of my favorite people in the world.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was a beautiful way to start the season! So glad we could be there with you!

Mother of the Wild Boys said...

What a perfect day. The pictures are gorgeous.
But, I did have to giggle that your idea of "lounging" that morning was Jillian Michaels...you are a goddess! :)

Greg and Wendy said...

If you took that spectacular picture of the SL Temple, you can go pro! Wow! I also adore that pic of Brigham and Sammie! A definite keeper no matter what happens!

Amanda D said...

Great shots at the temple! I miss being able to go to Temple Square. What a fun way to spend the day.

Does your husband own more than one location? Very cool on the billboard. :)