I'll write more about the recital later, but these were Chloe's two numbers -- for you, Mom!
And here is a picture of Chloe with her wonderful piano teacher, Shirlene Shaw. She is amazing and we are SO blessed to have her so close to us.
She had a great recital night. It was long, as usual (2 hrs. and 20 minutes!), but it's such a great experience. Shirlene held it in St. John's Episcopal church in Logan and the acoustics were so awesome!
Chloe played 2 pieces: Fur Ludwig and Edelweiss. Fur Ludwig is a modified version of Fur Elise by Beethoven. She was SO nervous waiting for her turn. Edelweiss has been a particularly difficult song for her to learn - she's been working on it for over 2 months. Stanton played the duet part with her and they hadn't practiced together enough and I think she felt it. They made some mistakes, but she finished really strong and did a perfect job on Fur Ludwig. She told me afterward that she really wanted to just stop Edelweiss and start from the beginning without mistakes. It was a great lesson for her to learn to just keep playing and finish strong, though. I was so proud of her. She's becoming a great pianist.
The video above is from the next morning. She asked me to record her playing her songs well -- I think to prove to herself that she really knew them.
Proud of you, Chloe. You're working hard and learning so much.

7 comments:
She is doing so good! Good job Chloe! You are so talented!
um...I don't have a facebook account. (I know what you are thinking:) Anyway, can I view this another way cause I really, really want to see it!
WOW! I'm totally going to make my kids watch and learn :) Great job Chloe!
As I told you on the phone, Chloe, you have a very natural talent for the piano. Each piece was near perfection...even your timing! Please keep playing, sweetheart! Hopefully we can make it to your next recital!
SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET!!! Chloe, you are an awesome pianist!! I had to watch it twice because the first time I got totally side tracked watching her expressions--so cute! ANyway, she's getting so great on the piano. Keep it up, Chloe! LOVE YA TONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I saw this on facebook and meant to mention how impressed I was with the way you gently corrected (with the hand position) and then fully praised at the end. You're a fantastic mom.
How long has she been playing?
Yea, so Jug, I don't have a facebook either. Don't care what you are thinking or saying!!!HAHA Don't want to be that connected. Anyway, can I view it or not, let me know!!!
Post a Comment