We've had a couple of very fun and exciting changes at our house recently.
The first is something Stanton and I have talked about for a good 2 years now. Ever since our trip to Yellowstone in '09, we've been looking, talking, dreaming, and searching. We finally pulled the trigger and bought a motorhome. We are so excited about it. We've packed up the kids 2 Saturdays in a row and just gone for a drive, parked the camper, and hung out for a while. It has been a BLAST. I don't know about other parents, but for Stanton and I, it's really hard to disconnect from the million things we need to do around the house and just play with the kids. Being able to go away from the house has really allowed us to spend some amazing time together. It has been so fun.
We're going to take the kids out of school for Friday and make a trip down to Southern Utah with some of Stanton's family this weekend. We're so looking forward to it.
Anyway, it's been a really great purchase and we are looking forward to some really fun family time because of it.
One more super fun addition to the family -- of the four-legged variety...
CHESTER!!!
Chester is our new Australian Labradoodle puppy and has pretty much captured every heart in our family in the few short days he's been with us. We are in love.
This was the night Stanton got home from the airport (he flew to us from Washington state). Chloe was in love from the word go, Lily really likes him a lot, Brigham was on the trampoline, and Cannon wasn't quite sure what to think, "I like him! He's touching me! I like him! Get him away from me!!"
Had to throw in this picture of my latest French braiding attempt on Chloe. It's pretty scraggly, yes, but it was also the end of the day. I'm improving....
He is such a beautiful dog...and I love love love that he looks like....a dog! Just a cute little Benji-looking pup. He is really well-behaved, mellow, playful, and eager to please. We are loving this little guy!!





17 comments:
seriously cute pup!
That puppy is just WAY too cute! How fun for your family!
And the motor home? Genius. I see many grand adventures in your future (that better get blogged!)!
We have a tent trailer and we love it! You will love having a motorhome. It's SO nice to have everything you need for camping all ready packed. :)
Your puppy is adorable. I hope training Chester isn't too big of a challenge!
Aaawwwwww,. so cute and fun! I knew he'd be a big hit with the kids! (I'm still debating whether to show this to my kids or not):):) You know what happened a couple of weeks ago with Jordyn??? Serious jealousy is in order, I'm sure! We are excited for you guys and glad you are having such a great time with the dog and motorhome! Looks like lots of fun! The girls look genuinely thrilled with the new ride!!
Yes, we haven't seen him in person but he is a so adorably cute even we could fall in love! The motorhome looks beautiful and we are sure many happy adventures lie ahead.
you are brave! The motor home is brilliant - that has got to be the way to do it with little kids! How fun for you! xo
E
I want a motor home SO bad! It would make traveling with children so much more fun! Enjoy it!
Chester is adorable!
Oh what a good dog! I bet your kids are LOVING him! The motor home looks like lots of fun too!
Juge, how much fun!!!!!! I'm so excited for you!! I bet the kids LOVE riding in the motor home. Not only is it fun to stay and camp in -- but the best way to get from here to there. So much fun! (and, Chester is A-dorable!)
Lovin' the new ride! Woot! So fun! I'm sure you guys will have a blast this weekend!
And Chester looks like such a fun (and cute) addition! Your summer is going to be rockin' with a motorhome and dog!
p.s. And before I saw your comment about the braid, I said, "She did it!" :)
It looks super cute.
Lovin the motorhome!
I love both additions to the Allen family!! I bet you will get so much use out of the motor home while creating some amazing memories with the kiddos!! And Chester -- well, I don't even need to say it, but he is absolutely adorable! As I said in my text the other night, I wish we were still there to see (and spoil) him in person!!
a motorhome -- how fun!! my kids are mesmerized by motorhomes lately, i know they'd love that. cool, too, that they have seatbelts now. i remember in the 'old days' there was no such thing - haha. what a great investment for family time and vacations!
i'm not a dog person at all -- but, ok, that's a cute one ;)
I'm not a dog fan, but that is a beautiful dog. And the motorhome is awesome. I grew up with a huge 5th wheel and camping for most of our family trips. It was lots of fun. I'm sure you'll have lots of fun memories in that motorhome.
Two fun additions to the family, how wonderful. Chester is a cutie! Labradoodles are great dogs, especially without the usual fur to shed all over the place. :)
Post a Comment