16 May 2011

Another Surgery for Cannon

A few weeks ago we started noticing that Cannon was "snoring" while was awake -- that loud mouth breathing sound.  When we were at Primary Children's with Brigham, Stanton's mom was tending Cannon and heard him breathing while he was napping -- it was the classic sleep apnea breathing that Lily was doing before she had her tonsils removed.  We knew something was up, so we got him in to see Dr. Blotter and sure enough, he had those same big "kissing tonsils."  Time to get his tonsils and adenoids out!
His surgery was this morning and he did fantastically with it.
On the way to the hospital.  "I'm onna go to da hopital and see Dr. Blotter and get ma tosohs out!"

Getting into character in the tiger jammies.

The bonnet lasted exactly as long as it took to take this picture.

Showing his cool socks.

Chloe had some tummy troubles this morning, so I didn't send her to school.  Glad I didn't...she continued to have problems throughout the day.  She was great at the hospital -- cooperative, self-entertained, and super sweet with her little brother.

Right before he went back.

He was done with the surgery within 30 minutes, out of recovery about 20 minutes later, came to me grumpy, but fell right asleep in my arms for an hour, drank a glass of apple juice, ate a popsicle dish, ate another half popsicle, took a walk, and was outta there!  We went to Wendy's after to get Chloe some lunch (she missed breakfast due to our last minute decision to keep her home).  While there, I got Cannon a Frosty which he gobbled up and proceeded to drink Chloe's chocolate milk, too.  I'd say he was hungry!  His pain has been pretty manageable so far and I'm just trying to keep him hydrated.

Thanks to Judy for taking Brigham, Abbie for taking Lily, and Shaynna for being willing to take Chloe.  It makes it so much easier when I don't have to worry about my other kiddos.

All in all, a great day.  I'm impressed with his chill attitude with doctors and hope that we're done for a while!

7 comments:

And We Sailed On said...

oh we know this one. I'm glad he did so well. I know I"m terrible for saying this but its their breath smell for the next few weeks that is not so good! :)

Cindy said...

Wow, what a day! He looks so cute in a hospital gown with his cute hair! Glad everything went well!

Amanda D said...

We were told that Tony would have awful breath after having his adenoids removed but he didn't. It was normal. :)

Love the shot of Cannon the Tiger. He's such a cutie! I hope he is healing up nicely and everything goes quickly.

Chandler Family said...

So glad to hear that it went so well! Cannon is a cutie in that lion gown. Hopefully he heals quick and you can love the summer with the kids.

Jill said...

Julie, I just love your blog! And I especially liked this post. It's nice to see what cute little patients Jim gets to work with. He has to be the cutest little guy ever. Hope that breath is shaping up nicely....

Anonymous said...

Love the tiger pose! He is just so dang cute. I'm glad all is well and he's doing great! It was probably fun for Chloe to be there to help support him.

Lindsay said...

Love all your updates and posts! What a tough boy! Hope he heals quick and well!