01 January 2011

Goals for 2011

My first goal is to write 2011 instead of 2010.  It's already proving to be a challenge. 

Actually, this year I have only one goal.  To Lay Off.

I am going to lay off when my kids disobey or defy.  I'm going to lay off the yelling.  I'm going to try to be the kind of parent Heavenly Father is.  He gives me many opportunities to obey.  He encourages me and teaches me the blessings of obedience.  BUT, in the end, He lets me choose and He doesn't attack me with rage when I choose to disobey.  He immediately blesses me when I do and He lays off when I don't.  Because I know He loves me, I try harder and harder to obey every day.  I'm going to work this year to be more loving and more the parent He is.  I'm going to Lay Off.

9 comments:

Angie said...

Very well said, Julie!! That is one of my goals as well - but you put it much better than I ever would have!

Anonymous said...

Great goal to have--I think most moms would agree! I need to work on this, too!

Cindy said...

Juj, this is what I needed to read today. I was up a lot last night thinking about things I could change in 2011 and this very thing has been on my mind. You continue to inspire me and I'm thankful for your example. You'll never know how much I love and appreciate you. Let's do better at this together, k????

Anonymous said...

Laying off is good.

Emily said...

I love this. Can I join the group?

flip flop mama said...

I totally need to do this too.

Lindsay said...

What a great thing to work on and you've inspired me to do that same thing with my husband. I tend to nag a bit and I need to just "lay off"! Thanks so much Jules!

Anonymous said...

This is a good one. I'm going to try to follow your example.

Greg and Wendy said...

Loved this when you told me while here. What inspired insight!