I have loved this short break with the kids home. I'm a big fan of no routine during those breaks and I let the kids be pretty darn lazy if they so choose. It's been a really great break and we had a lot of fun.
BUT, I'm also a huge fan of getting back to the routine.
It was nice to get up and exercise (PS, the Six Week Six Pack DVD is pretty great).
It was wonderful to eat breakfast and read the scriptures to the kids.
It was wonderful to hear Chloe practice the piano again.
It was really great to say prayers with her before sending her off to school.
And it will be wonderful to do the dame with Lily and Brigham later today.
Back to life and happy for it...
6 comments:
Good for you. Sounds like you are off to a great 2011! Love ya tons!
Amen!
Getting the kids up and ready was challenging and I miss our lazy mornings all ready, but it is nice to be back in the routine.
I remember those feelings of loving the break from the routine and then equally loving the time when we were back to it! I guess the lesson is just to enjoy every minute.
Good for you, Juge! You're always so thoughtful in your choices. I love how you make the most of these times with your kids, and appreciate all the little things. I need to be better at that.
I cannot imagine myself ever having a 6 pack, but a flatter tummy would be nice.
So very cute....
sandy toe
Post a Comment