06 March 2012

Odds and Ends

Some various pictures and videos I want to remember.

 The girls and I made cupcakes the other night.  I seriously never do stuff like this with them, so it was very fun and special for them.  And we made the most amazing frosting pretty much ever.  It was time consuming, but so good.  Oh, and so was the cake recipe.  Another time consuming, but delicious recipe.  They were very cute and I was very pooped by the time we were done!  They are awesome girls.

Pictures that make me smile and/or laugh out loud.  Clock-wise from top left:  Brigham after Mr. Toad's Wild Ride (HAHAHAHA!!!!!), Brigham fell on the floor rough-housing and banged his lip hard, giving him a nice fat lip...boys....and isn't that hat funny?, Lily was being a dog who was sweeping the floor -- I'm just glad she wasn't 'sweeping' the way our real dog does it....with his tongue..., Cannon doing his Chippendale impersonation....this was before Church last Sunday...he is such a unique, hilarious child...., and finally, this was how Stanton found him in bed when he went to tuck him.....I love those little readers!

 Our dear friends, the Noelle and Bryan, came up for dental visits.  Their daughter Genevieve spent the night with us and even tended the kids!  She is so cute -- such a little talker and so fun to have here.  The kids really enjoyed having her here.

Stanton and his staff have several different theme days at their office.  This one was Hat Day.  I bought that moose hat in Alaska, much to Stanton's chagrin.  Well, who got the last laugh?!  The kids LOVED his funny hat and so did the staff.  They have the funnest office.  I thought some of the hats they came up with were super fun!  Can you spot Stanton's other hat...one that HE bought much to MY chagrin?!  Karen (5 from left) is wearing it.  It has a flap that goes down over the neck.  Not.  Attractive.  but super functional, so who am I to judge?  :)



I accidentally merged these two videos together.  Oh well.  The first is a bashful plant in Hawaii.  One of my favorite things to see in the Aloha State.  I sent this video to the kids while we were gone. 
The second is a video Stanton secretly took of our scripture study.  Too bad I saw him at the end...but you can see how irreverent it usually is...at least we're doing it, right?!  :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a cute family during scripture study! :) You'll have to tell the Westfalls I still can't get my videos off my phone--I have to find out how online when I get a "free" moment...so in 10 years.
I'm like you, I never bake cakes with my kids because I just want to do it quickly and get the mess over with. I should let them cook more because I know they want to.

Mother of the Wild Boys said...

So much smiling is going on right now...I just adore you. <3

Greg and Wendy said...

I am laughing my head off at Lily! Yes, you are doing it and good for you! Believe it or not, it WILL pay off and sooner than you think! It just made me flashback to 30+ years ago!