04 April 2011

Spring Break Artwork

Since I'm all of a sudden caught up again, expect randomness from me for the next few days...until I get behind again.

It's Spring break in our school district this week.  I have had a yucky stomach bug that's left me dragging a bit...today was the worst of it.  The kids entertained themselves in all sorts of ways - including dumping cereal on the floor, watching too much TV, sticking stickers to the floor, rearranging the kitchen chairs into a hideout, and drawing pictures.  This was my favorite of the day:

This was by Miss Lily. 

A few details that I love:

*This actually the outfit she word today.  Whenever she brings artwork home from school, I find the same attention to detail.   She is always dressed the same in her pictures as her real life.
*Purple high heels and a princess crown.  A girl can dream, right?!
*Green grass and a rainbow (again, notice the rainbow detail -- right on!) -- I think she's wishing for Spring as much as the rest of us.

Hopefully we'll do some more active and fun things over the rest of the school break.  Today was blah and we truly just got by.  Bless Stanton for making grilled cheese sandwiches for dinner.  I had zero appetite and the thought of making dinner was too overwhelming for me.
We did manage to have a great Family Home Evening.  I love how much the kids love Family Home Evening.  An inspired program and counsel from the Lord.  It has made our family better in measurable ways.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great picture! Do all girls go through a rainbow phase? I know I did. So did my daughter. I don't recall my sons ever being particularly into rainbows, though. But rainbows are just so cool!

Greg and Wendy said...

Lily is plain amazing! I LOVE her artwork and your taking the time to analyze it! Hope you're feeling better and I'm so happy your kids love FHE so much. Everything we are promised for just doing it comes to fruition...not always at the moment, but often enough at the moment that it keeps you going! We'd love to be flies on your wall on Monday nights!

And We Sailed On said...

I love kids art. It is my favorite. This is lovely!