Brigham heading in to register for Kindergarten: Oh, Mom -- I've been waiting for this day!!!
Brigham: Mom, is Jesus always trying to get Satan to choose to be good?
Hmmmm....insightful......
Cannon watching Cinderella's castle appear at the beginning of a Disney movie: Mom, wook, it's Tinkerbew Moutain!
Brigham to Stanton, who was looking at something on his iPhone: Dad, can we play Angry Chickens?
Lily walking past a van on the way to the doctor's office: Oh man, I am so glad we aren't by that van anymore. It smelled like disgusting raw ham.
Brigham getting ready to go to Grandma Judy's for a bit: Is it okay if I ignore my cousins while I'm there?
Me: Why would you want to do that?
Brigham: Because I'm going to be reading my books.
Chloe: For my eighth birthday can I get a real cell phone?
Me: Sorry to burst your bubble, but that's not gonna happen.
Chloe: Darn. Well, how about for my 14th birthday?
Me: That I can live with...
Chloe counting on her fingers: I'm halfway to 14!
Me: Noooooooooooooo!!!!
Chloe at Walmart buying poster board for her science fair project: One of those dudes was lookin' at me like I was a freak!
Lily after I told her Sara, Max, Ruby, and Simon were coming to visit: Ruby?! I've always wanted to meet someone named Ruby!
Lily LOUDLY, while covering her eyes during a "scary" part in HOP (dumbest movie EVER, by the way) in the theatre: I can't watch it! I can't watch it!!
Lily leaving the theatre: Mom, I got so hot inside that I had to put my jacket on so I could get hotter.
Brigham to Stanton, who was entering his Weight Watchers points on his phone at breakfast: Daddy, are you texting your girlfriend?
Brigham is working SO hard to get his 'th' sounds correct. It's been probably his biggest speech struggle. He substitutes the 'd' sound for words like "that" and "they" and he substitutes the 's' sound for words like "smoothie." Well, no more. He's a 'th' king now! I spent a few days correcting him and showing him where to put his tongue to make the two different 'th' sounds. I've done it a few other times, but for whatever reason, it has just stuck this time around. He now catches himself when he makes a mistake and fixes it and even better, he stops and thinks about how to say the word correctly the first time. It's starting to come much more naturally to him. We're so excited for him. I think it will make a huge difference for him in Kindergarten to have that part of his speech perfected -- it just makes him sound smarter and more mature. Exposition complete. On to conversations....
Brigham in a sullen voice after realizing how many 'th' words he uses in a day: Aren't there ANY 'D' words??
Brigham: Thoesn't.
Me: D- doesn't
Brigham: You mean there's a word that starts with 'duh?!'
Brigham: The only people we're supposed to listen to are Heavenly Father, Jesus, the Holy Ghost, the Easter Bunny, and Santa.
I have a stash of little gifts the kids can choose from to give to their friends at birthday parties and such. Brigham found a light sabre in there....
Brigham: Can I have the light sabre?
Me: No.
Brigham: Please?
Me: No.
This went on most of the afternoon...later, Stanton and I were sitting together in a recliner when we heard Brigham's little voice coming from behind the chair...
Brigham: Dad, will you say something to Mom?
This happened a few times before we acknowledged him...
Stanton: What buddy? What do you want me to say to Mom?
Brigham: I want you to say, "Brigham is your son, so why don't you let him have the light sabre?"
Guess what he got??
Brigham: How long till we get there?
Me: Till we get where?
Brigham: Till we get to gito.
Me: What's gito?
Brigham: Gito is how we say "getting our haircut" in Spanish.
Me to Cannon: After the girls get home from school we're going to go get ice cream.
Cannon: An we'll get a soccer?!
Me: A soccer?
Cannon: No, a SUCKer.
Me: Oh, we'll go get a sucker?
Cannon: Yeah! We'll go to Chick-Foh-Way and get ha cweam (ice cream) and a sucker when the girls get home!
Brigham noticing a large old car on the road: Look, Mom, it's Lightning McQueen's boss! (Tex from Dinaco)
Brigham: Mom, is 'booty' how we say 'bum' in Spanish?
6 comments:
Oh, I love these! I love that Stanton has a girlfriend (hilarious!) And I would've given Brig that light saber, too! What a sweetheart! Funny, funny kids.
Your kids say thee cutest things, hands down! Love them all! I love Chloe's cell phone comment-she's a thinker!
Hilarious. Girlfriend, booty, ignore cousins. Love them all.
Too much funny-ness!
Way too much hilarity! I think my fave is the light saber story, however! Oh, I don't know...the cell phone conversation rates right up there though!
Always making me laugh Julie!
Post a Comment