18 April 2011

Odds and Ends

I seriously LOVE the dress-ups.  Love. Them.  It used to drive me crazy that I'd get the kids dressed for the day and then they'd take everything off to dress up.  I'm so much more chill now -- thank goodness because seriously, how could I ever live without these pictures?

The boys are really enjoying coloring right now.  Brigham is trying so hard to stay more inside the lines lately and use meaningful colors when he does it.  BUT, look at Cannon's coloring!  It is so shocking to me that this child can color with such precision.  Not a single one of the other 3 kids could color like that at that age.  It's darn fun to see these cuties doing something a little more mellow...and smart.  Love it.

Do you ever have a moment where you realize you're an old person??  I had to snap a photo of my morning supplement ritual.


Maybe we should just forget the dog and keep the kennel.  They love it in there!

PS, the dog comes on May 7th.  We're getting really excited.  Everyone has had a chance to try out the leash, the kennel, the dog food...JUST KIDDING.  But only about the dog food.  Everything else is true.

 And some cute little smoothie faces to round out the post.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I forgot you guys would have your dog by the time we came to visit! Oh man! My kids will be in heaven!

Cindy said...

OH MY GOSH!!!!!!!!! HE'S SUDDENLY A BIG BOY!!! What a stinking handsome kid!

Mother of the Wild Boys said...

LOVE Cannon's impression of the Naked Cowboy! :)

Greg and Wendy said...

Brigham's adorable face kills me! Oh, and by the way, I will NEVER show you MY morning pills and supplements!

Angie said...

All these pictures are adorable, but I had to especially laugh at the pictures of the kids in the kennel!! We have some EXACTLY like that from when Kelty was a pup. Ethan thought it was a coolest thing in the house to play in. We were just careful who we showed the pictures to, in fear that someone might turn us into Child Services :) Pounding toys were the best in there... loud on the bottom plastic and made great noises when ran along the "crate bars" on the side. Oh the memories!

Angie said...

Oh, but on a serious note, make sure that once the puppy comes, they realize that the kennel is the puppy's "safe place"... it's not a play place nor is it some place they should disturb him/her. The kennel becomes their safe haven when they need to get away from all the chaos of a house.

Amanda D said...

Now you need to add some vitamin d to you handfull of pills and you'll be good to go!

Good luck with the puppy. You are MUCH braver than me.