I've been sewing this week (thanks to a wonderful day crafting with my sisters and mom last week). That is no small feat in my life and it means that my laundry is a serious disaster at the moment.
I have to do it every once in a while, though, or I go crazy. It's nice to create.
I made the skirts in the pictures two posts previous, plus 2 others. This is the 3rd set. I decided to take these ones a little further and embellished some Old Navy shirts and matching hair flowers. The girls wore them to church today and can I just say how stinking cute they looked? I didn't snap a picture because I had to get 5 kids ready and to church a half hour early for a choir practice (we sang in church today). The girls looked beautiful and I have plans to make a Halloween version and Thanksgiving version of these skirts for the upcoming holidays. It's a fun, easy pattern that I now know well enough to use without instructions and change up a little, too. Anyway, fun, fun, fun to be crafting a little.

18 comments:
i bet they got lots of compliments at church!
what pattern did you use? I love the colors and the fabric you chose ... so cute!
makes me wish ruby had a sister so i could make them match!
i need to make some ties for my boys so they can match all the stuff i make fur ruby, haha.
Oh man, I LOVE that material. My girls love their skirts more than anything right now so I just need to get on the ball and make some more. How did you do your shirts??? I'm famous at saying I'll do something and then never actually doing it. Anyway, once again, you are awesome!!!
Julie! You are GOOD! That fabric is super cute and I love the shirts and bow to match! So tell me, do you have directions for this that are easy-ish? I'm still a newer sewer but would love to try to be crafty like you. :)
Those skirts are so cute, and I love how you did the shirts. Where did the pattern come from? I must have it! Will you let me know where I can get it? Thanks a bunch!
Those are fantastic! I wish I could manage more crafty time myself but totally understand the laundry situation. Glad you found the time to play!
Do you sew for adults? ;)
Adorable!
I'll need one of those in my size. thanks. ;)
p.s. and are those Kanzashi hairbows?? I have a whole book of those designs I'm dying to try out!
So cute!
I love this fabric! and I love what you did with it. i used it for curtains and someday slipcovers for my dining room chairs.
Please take a pic of the girls IN the outfits and post. I'm dying to see them! I'll be down on the 31st for the CSMP if all continues going as planned! But I can't wait til then! LOVE what you did!
Adorable.
Those are so cute. Love the matching shirt and hair things. Seriously in awe over here.
Ok - those outfits are adorable!!! Why can't boys have cute clothes like that? I am stuck in a world of sport pants, t-shirts and football helmets! ;o)
You are amazing!!!! So adorable. Fantastic fabric and color choices. Darling Darling Darling!!!
Did the boys have coordinating neckties? (Only fun accessory I can sew for my boys) I have created a pattern for one, I'll have to get it to you.
I concur, crafty sewing for boys is so limited. I need to borrow a daughter to sew fun things for.
Where did you get the fabric? I LOVE the fabric! I have wanted to make my girls skirts forever but am too much of a scardy cat! Maybe you should post a tutorial for all us scared to make clothes people! ;o)
I love your crafty creations! The fabric and style is too cute. Someday I hope to quit fighting it and really learn to sew.
Post a Comment