13 October 2010

Catching the Fire!!!

I've been hoping and waiting for this day to arrive.  ChloeBug is catching the reading fire!  She spent much of a Saturday on the swing, on her bed, on the couch, upside down in a chair, etc. reading her first chapter book:  The Tiara Club.
Since then, she's almost completed another, The Magic Pony.  She has misplaced it, though, and only has one chapter left.  It's driving me more nuts than her!

The past month has been really great for Chloe.  She's growing, maturing, and really loving school.

Update:  We found the book and it was finished within hours of its return!  And Chloe is listening to her iPod which is loaded with the following:  A Favorite Nursery Rhyme Album, Some Kids' Solo Performance Practice Songs, and Many, Many Beatles Albums.  I so love that I can still control her music choices.  I have a budding little Beatles fan on my hands, by the way and I LOVE that.

6 comments:

Greg and Wendy said...

What darling pictures! What is she listening to, by the way? And I also have to admit I couldn't take me eyes off the adorable headband! Hope she found her book and am thrilled beyond words that she has discovered the joy of reading!

SewSara said...

oh how darling!!
And I love her earphones too :)

Cindy said...

I LOVE this picture--love, love, love, when they get in to reading! Way to go Chloe

Anonymous said...

Super cute. She looks so grown up reading with her earphones in!

Erica said...

Isaac is starting into the same, maybe a little behind Chloe, but I am loving every second of it. He reads quite a bit, and also spends time writing short stories. It's so fun! I need to take pictures too.

Angie said...

Go Beatles!! I love them. And I love that she is reading so much. Ethan, too, has taken to reading. Every chance he gets (when sports are not allowed of course), he'll sit down with a book and read to us. So fun to see their excitement over something that is a lifelong skill!