13 September 2008

Where Chicken Comes From

Eating dinner tonight:

Chloe: Mom, chicken comes from chickens.

Me: You're right -- it does.

Chloe: Yep, chicken comes from chickens because chickens poop chicken.

Me: Uh...wha?

I must not have described this well. She wasn't talking about eggs at all -- she thought that the chicken meat we were eating had been pooped by a chicken. Now I wish she actually was talking about eggs.....I've retitled the post to clarify.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds good to me.

Greg and Wendy said...

Well, that's ONE way to describe laying an egg!

Angie said...

I love your response.. "uh...wha?" I can just picture the facial expressions that went along with it!

TaLaisa said...

It's a riot to hear what their little minds think up. It has to be one of the best parts about them being vocal.

TaLaisa said...

Hey lightening strikes twice, check the bead blog you lucky girl!

Lori Wilson said...

Tee hee hee! I got a big kick out of this one! :)

Lori Wilson said...

Tee hee hee! I got a big kick out of this one! :)

Cindy said...

So funny, Juj! You never know what is going through their little minds. I'm surprised daily at the funny, cute, silly, and sometimes intellectual things my kids come up with. Chloe is such a cutie and always entertaining. By the way, how did the pears turn out???? HOpefully you are all done. Love you

Jake and Kristin said...

Hey Julie! I just found your blog and of course had to check it out! Your kids are so adorable! I can't believe how much they've grown up since the last time I saw them! I sure do miss you guys! I hope you don't mind if I blog stalk you to seen what you and your cute family are up to! You will have to tell Dr. Allen I said hi!