25 September 2008

I'm Just Going to Admit It...OFFICE SPOILER ALERT

I totally cried when Jim proposed to Pam tonight. I cried, okay? It was awesome.

Other things I loved about tonight's premier:

Stanley's photograph in his thinner days "look at those biceps."

Angela's list of wedding location requirements "1000 year old castle (it was castle, right?) in the continental US. 24-hour veterinary care."

That Dwight had to think about splitting the fake commission with Phyllis.

That Apple computers were everywhere! My Apple computer was everywhere. I am so hip.

Ryan coming back as the temp -- the receptionist temp! Eat it, Ryan! (Oh, no offense, Pam...)

The fruit flies in the vending machine.

There were so many awesome moments I know I'm missing -- why is my brain so mushy nowadays? What were your faves?

16 comments:

Alison said...

Julie- I totally missed the office tonight. What was I thinking? Dang!!! I love that show.

Cheryl said...

Other favorites (although the proposal beat them all!):

Ryan's list.

Dwight dropping off Phyllis.

Hollie realizing Kevin wasn't really "mentally challenged."

Michael growing/shaving the goatee because of Ryan.

Michael trying to kiss Pam good-bye with his nose all bleeding. Ha!

Ummm...
Dwight nodding to the camera after one of his and Angela's trysts --totally acknowledging their presence.

Did the end of your episode get cut off?!? Mine did a little --I could hear it but there was no picture --it was of Toby in the hospital in Costa Rica and he had broken his neck and I didn't get to hear or see (obviously) the entire little clip. What happened? Do you know?

Angie said...

Ok - so I didn't watch The Office tonight; however, I did cry during prime time TV as well. The show that got me....ER. I have watched that show since it started and it's the final season - that'll make me cry in itself. How pathetic, I know!

flip flop mama said...

Ryan coming back!

Angela paging Dwight every time she was frustrated with Andy. Then that time she paged him and left him in the freezer.

In the end Toby said that he went on a zip line and the harness wasn't tight enough and he broke his neck. Then he said, "I haven't even seen the beach." Poor Toby!

And of course the proposal. I love it when things are done just like that. Yay Jim for finally doing it!

Jolene said...

Loved, loved, LOVED the proposal!

Love, love LOVE The Office!

Liz Welker said...

Oh my goodness!! I LOOOVED it! I felt like I was getting proposed to, I was SO happy!! I just feel like everything is right in the world now that they are FINALLY engaged! Thank goodness its back on! Hilarious!

Jocelyn said...

Cheryl -- the Holly/Kevin moment -- hilarious! How could I have forgotten?! It was a classic Michael moment--they are soul mates.

Also, the Oscar/Holly awkward break room/yoga scene.

And when Oscar tells Holly that Jan's clinically insane. That ought to bring some great moments later. Oh how I loved tonight's premier. And they stayed true to the fans with Jim & Pam being real -- no "other man" drama! At least not yet (let's hope it stays that way...)

Anonymous said...

I'm not going to get these exactly right, but...

"Every little boy dreams of his fairy tale wedding."

"Holly is kind of a major dork."

"Math is hard."

"Nicely played. We both won't write the other person up."

Michael falling down the stairs. Twice.

Plus all that stuff you guys already said.

Jocelyn said...

bythe -- the Andy line was so awesome. I need to take notes while I watch!

Anonymous said...

Ok, totally loved it. My favorite parts were:

Pam talking to Jim via camera and having her being carried all over the office.

When Pam stepped off the scale and they tried to say she weighed over 200 pounds.

When Jan came in pregnant and Michael was saying "Who's your Daddy? We don't know, etc..."

When Pam tried to leave b/c she was in the wrong class--because I've done that!

And of course the engagement--I love that it was raining!

I didn't cry then, but I did cry when ER was on. So sad.

Mother of the Wild Boys said...

Love-d it! I mentioned this on another (cheryl's?) blog, but I loved the picture Pam did of Dwight! ha!

And that moment of 'boo-ya' when Kelly got to turn Ryan down for a date.

And Stanley. Just everything about him. :)

Never A True Aggie said...

I loved it TOO! I had dreams about it last night. Thanks for reminding me of the funny lines. I loved Stanley's picture too. I bet you it was real and not photoshopped. You can tell the people have a fun time on that show. I am also glad there was not "another man" thing, but there might be. I am told by "a-little-birdie" that Pam is gone for a while. I am sure she will be at school. Well, actually, 7 weeks went by, so half of her time there is done, so maybe she will be back soon. Also, the guy that she was making friends with is on another show that I really like called "Mad Men" and he has a re-occuring role, so I don't think he is looking for a long term job....meaning, he will probably be there on a limited basis. Ok, I just thought of another one.

Jim: "Because friends don't look at other friend's butts."

TaLaisa said...

I've hesitated to comment, as my post may come as a shock to people I respect and love.

I've.NEVER.Watched.The.Office.

I'm repenting and watching the premier online as I type. And laughing like crazy!

Chandler Family said...

JULIE JULIE JULIE!!!! Check out my girlfriends blog, there is a link to it thru mine, it's Chelsea Brown Pics. She is giving away a free photo shoot for a child. She needs a cute face pretty much and she will do it for free and give you a free 8x10 if I remember right plus a cd of the pics. So you should send her one of each of your kids especially Miss Chloe! Anyway I thought you might be interested. Chelsea was one of my good high school friends, fun girl!If you enter just tell her you found out through me.

Terry Neff Allen said...

I had never seen The Office until Thursday, but I didn't see it from the beginning, so I'll have to watch it again. I'm not sure what to think. I know lots of fans though.

Allison said...

Hey Julie,

I've emailed you about your swap package. Let me know your address.