30 December 2012

Perfect Winter Break

Ah, can I just say how wonderful and needed our winter break from school was??  Stanton took the whole week of Christmas off and we spent it enjoying one another.  After our crazy few weeks before Christmas, it was a joy.

 We went sledding. (The coats my parents gave the kids and the coats Stanton gave me for Christmas made this so fun - as well as the awesome new sleds that we bought at CAL Ranch).

 The kids made up gymnastics routines, Stanton enjoyed his new (and insanely sharp) knife that I gave him.  We loved on Henry, read books, and enjoyed our Christmas decorations for a few more days.  (That photo on the top right was a Christmas card from the Neighborhood Gents - a group of boys that I thoroughly love - most of them are leaving on missions soon - they're awesome and so funny).  Check out Brigham's muscles!  Gymnastics is such a great sport.

 I finally let the girls sew on my machine.  They were the perfect ages to do a first project - blankets for their dolls. I love Lily's intense look on her face.  It describes her perfectly.


 We went to Temple Square with the Farleys.  It was stinking cold, but so fun to be with them.  Such great friends.

And we giggled over how adorable our little Henry looked for Church on the last Sunday of the year.  :)  He is too darling for words.  The boys have matching ties.

5 comments:

Erika Amonett said...

Cute, cute pictures, Julie! I absolutely love the one of Brigham and his muscles. Glad you had such a fun break!

Rebecca said...

Wowzers, that's some beautiful snow!

Hey, I finally made a comment that wasn't about your beautiful kids.

Mother of the Wild Boys said...

Henry is just a little Man! Too cute.

Greg and Wendy said...

Henry looks like a little man just like Brigham did when he was a baby! Yes, we all drool over him!

Greg and Wendy said...

What a thrill to see the girls sewing...and Brig's muscles!