23 December 2012

Various Items - Days Before Christmas

 Chloe had a big report on koalas due the day they got out for Christmas break.  It was time-consuming, but nothing compared to what is to come, I'm sure.  She enjoyed learning about koalas.
That day, we also had class parties for the kids.  We had Brigham's first - the moms were awesome to help and come up with games.  We had pictionary, minute to win it games, we made ornaments with their pictures on them, and they decorated sugar cones as Christmas trees.  The kids were great (hyper, but great!) and it was fun to get to know the other moms a bit better.
I didn't even go to Lil's class that day, but they had a Polar Express party.  She got to wear her jammies to school, which she loved.
In Chloe's class we made origami Santas, decorated Rice Krispie treat ornaments, had a minute to win it game, and learned a Christmas toast from Argentina, along with some of their traditions.  The kids wore their jammies to that party, too.  They love little things like that! 


 L to R - I ordered new stockings this year -- I just had to come to terms with the fact that I was never going to finish making the ones I started before Brigham was born.  It was a relief to just have them delivered to my door!  :)
Stanton had pajama week at his office - he got these Rudolph ones at our office Christmas party.  The kids loved them.  (We had the ABC Ped Christmas party at the Coppermill this year.  It was nice to not have to worry about dinner, but I missed having everyone at our house!). 
Oh my, how the laundry suffered during December.
Stanton playing foosball with our friend Angie Francis.  This was at the English Learning Center Christmas party - Stanton serves on their board of directors.
Santa visited before midnight this year.  I sure appreciated that!
Our Christmas tree at night.  It was so pretty this year.
Cannon digging in his Santa bag - too cute!  (okay, so these last 3 were all Christmas Eve/Day...that's what happens when I do a mass update!).
Lily put together this outfit at my mom and dad's when we went up to visit.  I was surprised at how totally darling she looked as a hipster.  :)

Chloe wrote these two little journal entries during church one week in December.  I was really touched by them.
Brigham's Christmas letter to Santa:  Dear Santa, How do you get around the world at Christmas.  I whould like... a toy motorsikl, alsso a book, finnlye to see you.  And a picture to go with each part of the letter.  So cute!
The girls composed this song one day when they were off school (after Christmas again...whoops).  Written in 4 different keys and with perfect timing.  Unfortunately, they didn't ever finish it, but it sure gave me hope that maybe some of their piano lessons and practice are sinking in!

As I mentioned before, we had parties and activities on what felt like every night in December.  I'm exaggerating, of course, but in the 10 days leading up to Christmas Eve, Stanton and I were gone 8 of those days.  It was ridiculous.  We had office parties, board parties, dental parties, our formal party with the Lows (which was so fun, but we ended up leaving early so we could finish editing our Christmas movie), a pre-viewing of The Hobbit (a gift from my eye doctor - he rented out the whole theater for his patients and referring doctors), and on and on and on.  It was insane.  Fun, yes, but insane.  The kids were troopers through it all - they had babysitters left and right, different people taking them to and picking them up from gymanstics, etc.  They were awesome about it all, but boy did we enjoy our week together after Christmas.

1 comment:

Greg and Wendy said...

Wow...I'm exhausted after reading this! But those sweet little journal entries; those will keep you going for awhile!