25 October 2011

Pumpkin Walk 2011

Thank goodness for school field trips or we just wouldn't make it to the Pumpkin Walk...ever.  I kept Cannon home from school yesterday so he and I could accompany Brigham's class on their walk to the Walk.  Har. 
It was an absolutely gorgeous Fall day - perfect for walking the mile or so from the school to the park.  Cannon's short little legs weren't as able to keep up with the bigger kids as I thought, so I ended up carrying him most of the way there and back.  Add his weight to the weight of my camera bag and you get a sweaty mama!  But since I haven't had any time (except for the time I spend sleeping in till 6:30...) to exercise lately, I'll take whatever I can get.  Okay, seriously, I seem to make every single post about me somehow, don't I?  Annoying.

Anyway, BRIGHAM got to go on a super fun field trip to the Pumpkin Walk and we tagged along.  Here are some of our favorites:

Notice it's the Aggies vs. Cowboys game...the one Stanton and I got to go to and the Aggies WON!  Fun.

This Calvin and Hobbes one was so cute.  and I loved the quotes all around.

I thought these Bambi characters were so cleverly done.  And darned cute.

The Wizard of Oz.  Isn't that tornado so fun?  And I love the tin man.

Flinn Ryder and Rapunzel.  I bet this one looked amazing at night.  Lily really like this one a lot.

You know Briggy was loving this Angry Birds display.  Isn't it clever and adorable??!

We always love the witches, but it was a special treat to have Miss Shelby greet us!

These were my three personal favorite displays:

Isn't Eeyore adorable??

Despicable Me!  Those minions are so darn clever and I love that they included the hilariously tragic Box of Shame.  My kids are sick of this movie, which makes me so sad because I totally love it.  Maybe seeing it here will make them want to watch it again?  I hope so.

And finally, one of my favorite displays from any year of Pumpkin Walk:

A Christmas Story!!!  Isn't it awesome??!!  The painting was fantastic and they picked some of the most iconic scenes to represent the movie.  It was just plain awesome.

If you're friends from out of town, may I extend an invitation to you for next year?!  We'll provide the hot chocolate afterward (and the displays all lit up at night are so cool) and you'll have a great new family tradition.
I sure love this little (big) Cache Valley tradition. 

6 comments:

Mother of the Wild Boys said...

You highlighted all my faves. :)

Greg and Wendy said...

I am blown away by the talent of so many people! I'd hate to try to name a favorite!

Sara Rose said...

OH MY GOSH! I have NEVER seen anything like this! This is totally cool! We totally want to come, maybe not next year but the next??? :)

Amanda D said...

Every year when I see Shauntae's post about the pumpkin walk, I want to get in the car and head out there. It looks like so much fun! I love the Calvin and Hobbes ones. So fun!

Anonymous said...

We must do this! I wish there was a pumpkin walk here! I love love love A Christmas Story! All the painting is so great--such talent! My kids would go nuts-o over this stuff! Let's plan it for next year! :)

Lindsay said...

Well, I just posted about this exact same thing. I even wrote on my collage in almost the same font which is really funny. I promise I didn't copy. Great minds think alike! We loved the pumpkin walk. I don't know why I didn't think to call you. We were right in your neighborhood. Let's do it next year!