03 March 2010

Lessons Learned

This post is over a week old -- just forgot to publish it...

Over the past few days:

*18 month olds should not be allowed to dictate how many clementines they will eat.  The digestive results are disastrous.

*It's okay to try things that are scary and difficult and completely out of one's comfort zone.  I skied for the first time in 15 years on Saturday and the first time where I actually had any sort of lesson.  It was enjoyable and I'm really looking forward to going again on Saturday. Edit:  Went again on Saturday -- I'm starting enjoy skiing.  And the girls are simply incredible.

*A menu makes all the difference in planning and shopping for mealtimes.

*With focus, a shopping list, and the promise of a reward, we can do our entire week's worth of shopping in 30 minutes.

*It's time to sweep the kitchen floor when your 18 month old sits down and desperately tries to remove the crumbs from the bottom of his feet.

*We're pretty traditional in our gender roles in our home.
      Brigham:  Can I go to Shaynna's
      Me:  No, Shaynna's at work, Sweetie.
      Brigham in a 'you're so silly' voice:  No, giyls don't go to work, only daddys!!!!
      Me:  Oy vay!!

3 comments:

courtney said...

Was that a reward for the kids or.....

Amanda D said...

Brigham's comment made me laugh! And I agree on the clementines. YOu gotta love that they want something healthy though!

Greg and Wendy said...

I love the way you "phoneticize" Brigham's comments as then I can hear him talking. It is the cutest way of speaking ... nothing like I have ever heard before...so unique and very understandable!