03 March 2010

Blah

I've had two very productive days.  Seriously.  On Monday, I spent the entire day scrubbing the house from top to bottom.  It felt really good and the house still looks semi-decent.

Tuesday, I folded laundry.  Lots of laundry.  And put it away.  Well, the kids' laundry isn't put away, but that's for them to do.  Also on Tuesday, I did other productive things.  Things like sending out birthday/wedding cards, organizing a few things, etc.  Basically, it was a very productive day.

Today, I feel totally blah.  I don't even have the dishwasher unloaded.  I'm frustrated with my kids.  Chloe was 10 minutes late for school because she dilly-dallyed for an hour in her room instead of getting ready and I just wanted her to take some responsibility for herself instead of me micro-managing her every move.  Lily is grouchy and defiant and making her horrible growl/grunt noise more than usual this morning.  She'll also be late for school because she won't make her bed and is throwing a fit instead.

I don't have the energy or desire to deal with anything right now, but if I don't then entropy will rear its ugly head and the house will devolve into the state of chaos in which it usually resides.  I have to sweep, I have to unload the dishwasher, I have to be nice and a taskmaster at the same time (how does one do this?), somehow I have to figure it out this morning....
BUT I DON'T WANT TO!!!!!!!!!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so with you.

Good luck.

Mother of the Wild Boys said...

Don't wanna...don't wanna...I'm there too gals. Chaos loves company? ;)

Kim said...

I am having that day as well! It must be spring fever!!!

Amanda D said...

I hate those days. Good luck getting through it!

I really need to take a page from your book and micro-manage less. My kids can't do anything in the morning with out being reminded. It. is. driving. me. crazy.

flip flop mama said...

Totally been there. Hope you have a better day today. If you figure out how to be a kind taskmaster let me know.

Greg and Wendy said...

Some just seem to need the micromanaging more than others...and yet they grow up to be wonderfully productive amazing people! It will be okay! I love you lots!
Mom

Darci said...

Nice job on the super productive days. Those feel great! The off days are a pain. Hey, did you get the bingo game/chore charts from me last year? They really help in my home.

Lindsay said...

I have these days like crazy lately!!! I think it has a lot to do with the nasty winter. I just feel blah and need some sunshine!

Alysia Cook said...

I hear ya, girlfriend. At least you are writing it down, I haven't blogged in forever and my kids will probably think this period in their lives never happened because it is not documented...anywhere.