*Lily is sucking her thumb again --- aargh
*Elder Joseph B. Wirthlin passed away last night. His talk in October's general conference has had such a positive influence on Stanton & I over the last few months. It is worth reading whether you belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints or not -- whether you've read it recently or not.
*We enjoyed a fantastic Thanksgiving with all the Roses at my aunt & uncle's ranch. We decided to take the kids out Wednesday night -- we got there about 7 o'clock -- nobody got to bed on time, but it was a good experience for me to realize that we DON'T ALWAYS HAVE TO GET TO BED ON TIME! I am so anal sometimes. The kids were so great on Thursday -- it is so fun to have everyone together. We had well over 50 people there -- it was a blast. The kids got to go on 4-wheelers and took a ride on Scott's tractor -- honestly --Brigham was in heaven. He took his "rightful" spot on the cab right by Scott and wouldn't move for anyone. It was adorable.
There was so much wonderful food -- so. much. wonderful. food. If there is one thing the Roses know how to do -- it is food. Wow. My favorite was my aunt Nancy's relish tray. I completely gorged myself on that and the other appetizers before dinner even started -- and then there was the pie -- and cheesecake -- and pie. We have the best family.
I loved being with my cousins and aunts and uncles -- I look at my grandparents and have such respect for them. I'm grateful for a great family. These every other year Thanksgivings with the Rose family are something I look forward to.
*The girls sang together in Sacrament meeting on Sunday. They sang "He Sent His Son" and did a great job. The practices were so so dicey and we thought this would either be great or a huge disaster. They peaked at the right moment and did great. It was fun to see each of their personalities come out -- love those girls.
*I spent Saturday in Park City with my sisters-in-law Emily & Julie and cousin-in-law Trish. We shopped like crazy and I was able to get Stanton some winter clothes. I love the outlets and we always seem to hit them when they are having seriously awesome sales. I did good again. More than the deals, though, it was so fun to hang out with family. I got so lucky marrying into the family I did. They are great --it's awesome to just gel so easily.
*This afternoon I went over to Judy & Dave's (MIL & FIL) where Ann, Judy, & I worked on the funnest project ever. Ann got her hands on 6 king-sized flannel sheets (thanks, Ann's MIL) so we decided to make Nativity costumes. After about 3 1/2 hours later, we had 30 costumes! It was a lot of fun to start and finish a project in one day. And WOOT! I have my very own Nativity costumes now!
3 comments:
It sounds like you have been having a wonderful holiday season... so much fun to be able to do things with family! And Nativity costumes?? I have to see those -- I just put Nativity set up today.
They were so easy and fun. We didn't even sew anything! They are darn cute and you are welcome to borrow them anytime you need them.
How fun to have your own Nativity costumes! Fun tradition to start with your kids...you've even got a Baby Jesus this year!!!
Post a Comment