Lily was really cute today. In fact, all the kids were really cute today. I just love a good day.
I decided to just give Lily extra love in the form of snuggles in the rocking chair and lots of hugs whenever she started to act out. It was successful for today. I even enjoyed her helping me cook dinner -- and with no one else to bug her, she was a great helper. She put the potatoes in the bowl after I cut them up (made these fries and they were great) and she tore all the lettuce off the head for the salad. It was one of the more fun "cooking with the kids" moments I've experienced.
Some conversations today:
While looking at an alphabet placemat with Chloe:
Chloe: Look Lily! There's Kung Fu Panda (by the letter P)
Lily: No, that's not Kung Fu Panda because he's eating grass not noodles.
While looking at a Sesame Street placemat:
Lily: Dad! Why is that guy in a garbage can? That's crazy!
Saying her personal prayers after Stanton "encouraged" her to do them without help:
Lily: Please bless that my dad will help me with my prayer.
On their way downstairs after sending she and Chloe back to bed for the second time (just loud enough for Stanton & I to hear):
Lily: Our mom and dad are ugly... and mean.
5 comments:
ugly and mean....Ouch! LOL
Glad you had a good kid day!
Ahh, these are the moments. I'm impressed with the cooking thing. I have a really, really hard time letting my kids help me cook, and of course it's one of the things they most love to do. Gotta work on that. Thanks for the inspiration today!
Oh, GOSH, that's funny! I was laughing out loud about the mean and ugly comment. HA!! Tears in my eyes. Just for the record, you are not mean. Or ugly. Or even funny looking! HAHAHAHA!
So LILY! But SOOOO funny! I just always love thinking about her reading this someday! Isn't it a good thing that somehow the parental self-esteem stays in tact! Glad you had such an otherwise good day!
Love you!
Wow...ugly and mean? I almost fell off my chair. Lily and Holden are cut from the same cloth!
Post a Comment