03 April 2008

Well, Someone Listened to Me!

Finally, Ramielle was voted off! Poor kid, I think she was shocked after avoiding the bottom 3 for so long! And it was awkward seeing Ryan have to comfort her. I guess he earns his pay...

Kristy is becoming more and more awkward with every week. I get that she's trying to be funny and cool about the whole elimination process, but whoa, she is seriously making it weird for all of us to watch! I'm getting the feeling that she's as ready to go home as we are all ready to see her go home. Don't know if that last sentance read right, but you get my drift.

I was surprised that Brooke was in the bottom 3, but sort of glad, too, for 3 reasons:
1: She hasn't been as amazing the past couple of weeks, so she needed a wake up call.
2: I enjoyed her demand for an apology to the violin player. Nice that she was more concerned for him than herself.
3: It was neat to hear her thoughts on the elimination/idol gives back/dolly parton song. It showed real depth and was nice to hear before Ramielle mourned the end of her world. I just think maybe it was nice for America to hear that someone realizes how rich and blessed we are in this nation.

I totally enjoyed Dolly's performance. Yes, there were pitch issues, but she's not being judged, she's a full-fledged entertainer! And she has a gift for writing songs. I don't think that can be disputed. I thought the word play and message of her song were really neat and she has such a sweet way of sending it out. She's a genuine person, judging from the limited exposure we've had to her in the last couple of days.

I loved Michael Johns' t-shirt! Did anyone else notice it?

Didn't love the Ford commercial as much, but it was fun to see more of the contestants.

Simon was very funny and endearing last night, especially with his "sorrys."

Finally, for the next couple of weeks there are obvious "next in line for elimination" contestants. Kristy next week, then Syesha. But after that, I think the votes will almost have to be based completely on that week's performance. The six (David A., David C., Jason, Michael, Brooke, and Carly) are so talented that it will be really interesting to see what happens. Carly is not a personal favorite, but her talent is pretty obvious. I would say her after Syesha, but I know that that would be a classic AI shocker! So, I'm enjoying this year because there are 5 or 6 contestants who really have a chance at winning the show! How crazy is that? I don't think in previous seasons there've even been 3 contestants we could really say that about. Awesome. Good job, judges, for bringing a more talented and diverse group of contestants to us to vote on!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm not a big AI fan, and don't follow it closely, but since I've been following your blog and Cheryl's, I feel like I need to watch to understand what you are telling me about the show. Last night I watched, and thought, "That's what Julie said would happen." Way to go smart lady!

Jocelyn said...

YAY! I'm glad you're starting to watch! I am totally a fan, mostly because I love seeing people put themselves out there like that. And it's seriously so inspiring to see some of these people and where they've come from and what they're capable of. And it's so entertaining!

TaLaisa said...

I was so happy it was her and not anyone else. I had to tune it just to see that. That and the questions. I'm sure this isn't newsworthy, but wow, Simon has great teeth. Do you think he paid lots of $$ for them or is he just naturally blessed?