I'm in the mood for a giveaway.
Not sure what, but I'm definitely there.
How about an apron and a set of handmade cards? I think that'll do.
Here's how it'll go down:
You comment.
I put your comments in a hat.
I draw a winner.
If you're the winner, you shout with glee.
If you're not, you love me for wanting to give you something.
Here's the question I hope you'll answer in the comments:
What do you do that's just for you?
PS, I realize a giveaway without pictures of the loot is totally lame. Deal with it.
Oh, comment by .... um .... how does Friday sound? Does Friday work for you? Friday it is. Friday at midnight. I'll announce the winner on Monday.
32 comments:
OOH OOH - pick me! Or better yet, we can get together in the next few weeks and make cards together ;)
Talk about generous! Wowzers! Just for me? I read. And I'm taking more relaxing baths. Ahhh...
I go to the movies by myself. I know sounds crazy, but I love it. It's just me and a fun girlie movie.
I'm sooo ready to shout with glee.
I do a butt-kicking workout each weekday morning. Total 'me' time.
Yay! I love a Julie giveaway! I read just for me. Novels mostly. This week, though, it's Dave Ramsey's Total Money Make-over. And, I try to run for me, but it's not really happening!
Hmmm...I guess the blogging is just for me. My family is getting nothing out of it. And also Facebook. And also reading. And also my endless hours of television watching. Gees, do I do anything worthwhile for myself? Your giveaway is starting to bum me out.
I hope I win!
I'm a reader and a soaker as well. If I can soak in the tub AND read a book at the same time....heaven.
Of course, my chicks like to bust into the bathroom and "check" on mom which kind of negates the me time part. It still works, though. :)
just for me? GOOD QUESTION! I'm really having to think on this one! all my answers make me sound selfish or lazy, or involve serving someone. I guess blogging, too. that was a good answer. just surfing the web in general. I really enjoy it.
I work at the family life center. I know what your thinking but I really enjoy doing that and it helps the community. I also read almost anything I can get my hands on!
Oh - and when I do something for myself, it usually includes shopping. But when I don't shop, I usually just stay in bed and read a book. I know, I'm boring!
Honestly, I don't think I do anything just for me nearly often enough (although, I guess that like bythelbs, blogging and facebook should be on the list), but I recently took a pizza making class and it was excellent for me.
What a great idea, Julie!
(subliminal message: Pick me!!)
What do I do that is just for me? I would have to say blogging (Brandon doesn't blog), but then, I do that for my family and readers, too. I teach piano lessons --but I do that for them sometimes more than me (whole other story and possible blog post).
I guess I love my friends. GNO's and GWA's (weekends away) are such a rejuvination for me. I love 'em!
hmmm...nothing, shame on you for bringing that to my attention! BUT, if I win, I promise I'll make myself a big batch of my favorite kind of cookies (wearing my beautiful apron made by my Sis. Juj) and I will write you the nicest thank you note (on your handmade cards) K????? Sounds good! Oh, I guess blogging is for me, somewhat, I do it for my kids, my hubby, but I do enjoy it so....it's for me! Love you tons!
I love giveaways! Enter me!! Oh and what do I do that's just for me- I RUN RUN RUN RUN RUN RUN!!! I run every day, except Sundays and it is totally for ME! I LOVE it and it is addictive. I hate when I get out of the running cycle but when I am back in it like I am now, I am happier and healthier and such a better person all around!
Hope I win!
In a generous mood with the "for no reason" give away! I love it! Things just for me.... ummmm...well, I was on a work out roll, but that has stopped since coming back from WI. Blogging - that's just for me (and the family/friends that read it). Ummm... I love to watch AI, The Biggest Loser and no one else gets ANYTHING out of that, so I guess that's just for me. But it's not like I get to watch it in peace, the boys are still running around trying to get my attention. Oh well, someday I'll get back to doing something JUST FOR ME during a time of PEACE AND QUIET.
hike
Miss Julie your so fun! A give away I would love to win a give away! This is what I do that is just for me, I get my hair colored! Sounds silly I know but I get 2 hours of me time then when I am done I feel so much better about how I look which makes me a happier person! I like to read too, but sometimes that back fires on me and the me time gets spoiled by the kids! What do you do Julie that is just for you?!?!?!
I think knitting is my relaxation although I rarely make anything for myself. It's still therapy though. Pick me, pick me!!
I like giveaways! And they're fun! And... the sky is blue today - even though it snowed last night!!!!
I love to read and go get pedicures. One other thing that I love is going to the grocery store without the children (it takes about the same amount of time though because I can actually LOOK at things and wander more... :)
I had to think on that one for awhile. And my answer is probably very weird, but I think everything I do even if for someone else is ultimately for me because it makes me feel so much better! By trying to use my time more wisely, I am a happier person! Don't get me wrong, I still watch a little TV and I love to read my family's blogs and do a little blogging of my own, too. But ultimately, whatever I seem to do, it ends up being for me because it makes me happy! Do you know what I mean, or am I just weird?
And, by the way, pick me, pick me, even if I am your Mom!
Ok - I lied about the weather... it is snowing again... Ph well.
I would love to win!
I don't have a great answer for your question, I'm not a big fan of being alone, so I don't do much "just for me" stuff -
I do spend time playing Tetris on my kids Webkinz page when I need some down time (I LOVE tetris - and the boys love how many points I get for them!)
Julie, I could use a good apron, and I love your blog
I take pictures just for me. I am sure others will enjoy it but I love taking pictures. I like going back and looking over them later even better.
I watch gossip girl online b/c I LOVE it. My husband hates it so I'm relegated to the office to watch it on the laptop there. Fun!
~Corinna
Julie, I never know where to answer questions posted on my blog. I found you through TaLaisa. I enjoy your writing style so I keep returning to check in on your cute little family. I also love the honest writing style.
As to my photos - Because they are almost all of my kids, they are password protected on our family website.
Well Juj, gotta enter this one, since I made 18+ aprons for Christmas and not one for myself I think your dear old Auntie Christie deserves to win this one!!!! What do I do for myself, well I'm a bit like your mom, my life is tied up with my kids and my Scotty, but that is who I am and I enjoy when my family is happy, so for now that is my what I do for myself, and I do love American Idol, and of course quilting, just haven't been motivated lately to start a new project. Pick ME!!!!
Hey Julie,
Posting from work, sorry for the unfamiliar name. Awesome giveaway, BTW. For myself, uhhh, not much really. I do watch Numbers on Friday nights. So, yeah, I guess I'm pretty lame. Better fix that. Excited for the giveaway though. Have a great day.
Wendy
Pick me, pick me..... so I can actually have a good excuse to get together with you and let our girls play!!!! I can't believe how creative your are and how you do all of this with four kids. You are amazing.
Now as for me time.... It is the nap I sneak while Lexi sleeps so I can stay awake on the night shift at the hospital!! Oh, and the occasional pedicure!
i love your giveaway. nice and simple :)
i'd love to win!
Julie!
I am lucky with your giveaways so I will try again!
Before Bryce, when I was skinny :) I used to love to go to spinning class just for me! I need to get back into that. Right now, I love to sit my rear on the couch with a bowl of ice cream and watch the Biggest Loser! Pathetic!
Post a Comment