08 March 2009

17...#17!

I used random.org today to pick the giveaway winner -- I will say, it is MUCH faster than the old fashioned way!

After weeding out a couple of duplicate comments, #17 was Flip Flop Mama!
Flip Flop Mama said:
I think knitting is my relaxation although I rarely make anything for myself. It's still therapy though. Pick me, pick me!!

Flip, I haven't even made any of the loot yet, so be patient, okay?!

Congratulations!

I loved reading all of your comments. I love the different ideas you shared -- getting my hair done is totally theraputic, Kim -- I agree! And Lorraine, I LOVE the idea of going to chick flicks by myself! I need to remember that one. Angie, I've never had a pedicure, but it sounds like it would be a lot of fun -- maybe together one of these days???!!!!

As for me, I've thought about this a lot. I do a lot of things that I feel are just for me.
*I get ready every day...it really is just for me-- Stanton is one of those guys who couldn't really care less if I have make up on or my hair done...and we all know the kids don't care one bit.
*I blog. My blog is definitely not "just for me," but I do enjoy it, so I think it counts.
*I love to read other blogs -- my Google Reader is filled with craft blogs, mom blogs, decorating blogs, card blogs, friend blogs -- I really enjoy them all. I love being connected to other women through blogging...it's definitely one of my biggest "me" things.
*I love to watch my favorite TV shows. American Idol & The Office are two I never miss. Having time to just veg in front of the TV is very helpful to my sanity (lately I've been running while watching and while it's not as nice as just vegging, it does kill two birds with one stone).
*I love to do crafts. I hardly ever end up doing any for myself because I don't make the time for it unless I have some sort of deadline (giveaway, anyone??), but I totally love it -- creating things is very fulfilling.
*Lastly, I love to go on trips. Stanton and I travel twice a year (sometimes more) without our kids. I love it. I love the time alone with Stanton and I love the opportunity to relax and enjoy the time to read and sleep and eat without interruption! I do look forward to the time when our kids are old enough to go with us, too.

All of these things help me feel like there's still some Julie in there instead of all Mom all the time. It's taken me a bit of time to admit it, but I need that...and I'm super grateful to have a little freedom to do them.

There you have it...now go do something for you!

6 comments:

flip flop mama said...

Hooray I won!! Yay!! I'm so excited!

Janelle said...

Darn it I forgot to enter. Congrats to flip flop!

Greg and Wendy said...

Congratulations to flip flop mama! You will receive QUALITY merchandise, I can assure you! And dear Julie, thanks so much for including the "creating" link to the Uchdorf YouTube video. I loved it!
Love,
Mom

Anonymous said...

Yay for Flip!

Alisha said...

I say #1 definitely get a pedicure, it's fun to do and you probably won't ever want to do it yourself again. #2 What is google reader? I remember you mentioned it a while back and I still don't know what it is? However if there's a possibly it could turn into an obsession (like blogging or Facebook) please don't share. #3I sleep...that's about all I do lately thats all for me, I know sad! I am going to take your advice though and go do it now! :)

Angie said...

Julie..... we are so getting a pedicure together. We are going to plan a date and time. What days are good for you?
xo
angie