Henry was a cutie little tiger. Stanton was Superman and I was Raggedy Ann. It was a very fun day.
Henry, Cannon, and I spent most of the day at the school for class parties. Brigham's teacher called in the morning and asked if the head room mom had contacted me about a party. She hadn't. So, I gathered up a few quick games and crafts and ran over to his class (thankfully, I had already gotten my costume and makeup on). The kids were awesome and had so much fun - I couldn't believe how good they were with just one mom and their teacher doing the whole thing. I'm so grateful Mrs. Skidmore called me - it would have been a shame to not have a party for the kids. I've since taken over head room mom duties in his class. The other moms have been very helpful since that happened. (Funny story - this was the first time we room moms had met one another. I saw one of them a few weeks later and she had no idea who I was. We later figured out it was because she'd only ever seen me in Raggedy Ann makeup. How's that for a first impression?!)
I'm also the head room mom in Chloe's class. The other moms were awesome helps here. We decorated cookies, pumpkin bowled, made necklaces, and learned the Thriller dance. The kids especially loved that part. (just for reference, there is a video of that in iPhoto).
I'm just a regular room mom in Lily's class, so I didn't have to do anything besides show up at her party. It was really cute, but Henry had had it by then. I was no help at all. It was still fun to be in class with Lil, though.
A couple of days before, we went to the carnival at Grandma Allen's care center. The kids loved the cupcakes and cake walk and seeing Grandma. Here is Henry in his adorable costume. It was warm and cozy for him.
Also, Stanton won a scooter at the corn maze around this same time. (See what I mean? He's the luckiest guy I know!). It was a fun surprise. He didn't get to ride it much before the weather turned cold, but it will be fun in the summer.
It was a super fun holiday. I love seeing what the kids choose for costumes each year.




2 comments:
Great costumes!
Ok--a missionary!?! What a stud! Such cute costumes--and 3 cheers for an awesome room mom! Isn't Halloween so crazy busy?? I ran from one thing to the next that day--and Kyle and I were in charge of Trunk or Treat (which includes dinner) on top of it all that night. I love Halloween too!!
Post a Comment