22 February 2012

Hawaii!

In January, we took a wonderful post-Christmas trip to Hawaii with two of our dearest friend-couples, Brian & Linda Westfall and Kyle & Angie Farley.  It was so fun.  We overlapped by a couple of days with Dave & Judy and Jim & Rachel, which was awesome.  I LOVE vacationing with family, so it was awesome to be with them for a couple of days.

Since this was the first trip for both the Westfalls and the Farleys, we did a lot of the tourist things that we don't hit every time we go.  It was really fun!  I have to admit, though, that Stanton and I did not take very many pictures...at all. 

Some of the highlights of the trip were Pearl Harbor, the PCC, Byodo-In Temple, Haiku Gardens, Hanauma Bay, eating out a TON, shave ice, surf competitions, visiting the Laie temple visitor's center, hanging on the beach, reading the Maze Runner series, lots of ice cream, more shave ice (I love you, Matsumoto's!), the Dole Plantation, and lots of relaxation.  We are so lucky to have awesome friends.

Here are pictures from the trip!





9 comments:

Julie said...

Beautiful pictures! What a fun time you had away...you lucky girl! Disney pictures next? :)

Cindy said...

Darn cute pictures. What a fun trip....I miss Hawaii and man I wish we could've gone with you guys! You and Stan are just too cute walking on the beach hand in hand:):) Love ya!

flip flop mama said...

Sigh....I know and love so many of those places. Oh Matsumoto's and Ted's Bakery how I miss you. Glad you had a great time!

Amanda D said...

What a great trip! How fun to spend some with family and some with friends. Glad you got to go and had a good time!

Anonymous said...

Hooray! We seriously had a blast--it has made winter so bearable and we are always talking about how much we love Hawaii. Fantastic trip! :)

Greg and Wendy said...

Love the beach picture of you and Stanton holding hands! Hawaii is even more beautiful than I remember it some 42 years ago! Yep...we're gonna do this with you in a few short years!

Greg and Wendy said...

Oh, and I LOVE that first picture of your family outside Disneyland! I've got to find the one we took all those years ago! I wonder how many families have stood in that very same place for a picture? Care to venture a guess?

Darci said...

How fun to get away with the hubby and great friends. Oh, and to bask in the warmth of the sun...

Lindsay said...

GORGEOUS picture of you at the end! Sometimes it's so nice to go on a trip and not really think about taking pictures. I'm jealous! Looks so fun......and warm!