28 March 2011

Problem Solver

Chloe is not a morning person.  She used to be, but she's just not anymore.  She likes to sleep in (meaning 7:30) and she has a difficult time getting going once she wakes up.  This makes our family rule of making your bed in the morning a bit frustrating for her.

Well, we found Chloe asleep on the couch downstairs a while ago.  I went to carry her back in to her bed and tuck her in and guess what?  She had made her bed before sneaking out to sleep on the couch.  Cute!!  I think that's a pretty ingenious solution to her problem.  I still put her in bed, but I put her on top of her bedspread and covered her with a blanket -- I mean, we have to reward that forward thinking somehow!!

I love this kid.  Love her.

6 comments:

Mother of the Wild Boys said...

Hilarious!

Cindy said...

now that's thinking! What a good kid.

Kim said...

How stinking cute and smart is she!!! Love it!

Anonymous said...

I always wondered why Gabe insists on sleeping on top of his bed with just an extra blanket--and I think this is why! He never wants to make it! Thanks for the insight! ;)

Anonymous said...

That is genius. And I'm not just saying that because it's totally something I would do.

Anonymous said...

ok she needs to get together with my Savanna who sometimes can't wake up for school on time. the other night I discovered that she had her full school uniform on under her nightgown! So funny.