I don't have "The Funk." I'm just sort of in a funk right now. I can't seem to keep up with the house, the laundry, the kids, etc. Stanton & I have been sick this last week and I'm sure that's played a role along with these brutal, depressing Cache Valley winters.
This morning I got up and showered and just felt the funk. I put on my loose fitting ABCPD polo and did my hair, makeup, etc. I just didn't feel good. I went to my closet and thought, okay, Jul, make a new outfit out of the things you have in here (believe me, I have plenty of clothes and cute ones at that -- they just don't seem cute when I'm in a funk....). I put on a pink shirt with a bright green sweater, jeans that fit and some jewelry. Guess what? I'm still in a funk, but I feel a whole lot better. It's weird that clothes can do that. I'm liking the bright colors as a sort of contrast to the drab, bleak days outside.
Next step is to tidy up and do something for somebody else. That should help even more.
9 comments:
Tidy up and do something for somebody else. What a novel idea.
I am right with you. The problem is I don't fit into most of my clothes so that makes it worse! I guess it's time to tell Abbie to give me the "in-between maternity and fit body clothes."
Hope you're feeling less funky today. I'm wallowing in my funk. Wallowing.
Keep your eye on the prize, Juj! (remember, weekend getaway) Until then, dress in funky clothes and serve, serve, serve like the others said! Love ya!
Ugh.. those funks are painful! Hope you were able to get out of it a little bit this morning. If not, go make some brownies, grab some icecream and enjoy the two of them together. Might not fix the funk, but it'll sure taste good for the moment! ;o)
Sorry I hadn't read this yet when we talked this morning. I always feel so far behind when I've been sick...and that certainly doesn't help the "funks". But you're right, serving is the big key. It works like magic every time! Can't wait to see you Friday. Hope your Shephard's Pie turns out fantastic. Oooh, I'm in the mood!
Love,
Mom
I've awarded your blog the, One Lovely Blog Award - http://camicheckettsbooks.blogspot.com/2010/01/one-lovely-blog-award.html
Thanks for making me smile,
Cami
THE.FUNK.SUCKS.HARD. Lets get the little ones together and play and eat! That'll help I'm sure!!!
Those kind of days are rough. I hope you start feeling better soon. We have yet to see snow this and although it is a little sad, I would take that over LONG winters.
It sounds like you need some girl time!
Post a Comment