13 June 2009

Donny!!!!!

I'm not sure if I've confessed my love for Donny Osmond here, but I know I have elsewhere in the blogosphere. Well, when I found out he was doing a concert here in town, I had to get tickets. I have a neighbor-friend who loves him, too, so we went together. Stanton came with us and even he admitted that it was an awesome show.
I splurged at bought the good seats. We were on the 8th row and it was so worth it!!!
He sang with (well only very little with) our choral group here in town. What's their name? The American Festival Chorus or something like that. Craig Jessop directs it and they're excellent. Apparently Craig Jessop and Donny Osmond are friends/acquaintances/whatever those muckety mucks call it. So, Craig Jessop asked Donny to come do a fundraiser concert on Memorial Day with the choir (Jessop is also the music/theater head at USU). Donny agreed and he did his half of the Vegas show he does with Marie -- his half sort-of -- as shorter version, no special stage stuff, etc.

He put on a really great show! His voice was spot on and holy cow! can I just say that the dude can seriously dance?!!! He had a few of his backup dancers come out during Soldier of Love (!!!!!) and he was seriously holding his own and then some with those young guys! He chuckled afterwards about how fun it was but how it totally wore him out nowadays. It was so fun to watch him get into it. I love when performers are willing to "go there." Donny "went there."
He did a fun retrospective of his hits through the years -- One Bad Apple, Go Away Little Girl, Puppy Love, Soldier of Love (!!!!), Any Dream Will Do, 525,600 Minutes, and a few other songs throughout. And what Donny concert would be complete without screaming girls on the front row making total fools of themselves? Not this one. It made me feel better about my well under control admiration of him. Snicker.....
It was fun to go with Stanton, of course, and Janet was AWESOME! I just love her. Kiki, her daughter, our awesome go-to babysitter, tended the kids. It was a great night.

4 comments:

Angie said...

How fun... I'm impressed that you got Stanton to go with you! And you don't have to hide the fact that you were one of those "teen-age - like" girls who was in the front row screaming your head off!! ;o)

Anonymous said...

Ok, I just have to tell you that I have held Donny Osmond's hand. Honest. When I was a magician's assistant, we did a show for their ward's Christmas party. He was up on the stage as a witness that the magic was "real", and when I popped out of the box he held my hand and helped me climb out. Oh, the days of a young, single girl... ha!

Rachel Berry said...

Oh how fun!!
Donny knows our family on a personal level. He & his wife came to my Aunts Funeral they are really really sweet although I have to say it was a bit odd to look out in the crowd and see Donny Osmond as a family funeral.

My brother David also built Donny's swimming pool at his home in Orem.
He call's my brother Davey so when they talk it's Hey Davey it's Donny Osmond!

Rachel :)

Anonymous said...

I graduated with his son. We are pretty good friends. Looks like fun!